Thursday, July 12, 2012

Donors Choose... us, I hope!

I was recently hired at an elementary school here in town to work in a first grade classroom.  I just came out of a pre-k classroom, and I am eager to use some of the arrangement and management strategies I learned there at my new placement.  Something I now covet is a large area rug.  I just created an account on donorschoose.org and requested a large gray rug for my meeting place.  The meeting place is where we'll gather in the morning to do calendar time, gather in the afternoon for closing time, gather at the beginning of each "period" for a mini-lesson, and gather at the end of most sessions to share successes and challenges.  I hope I'm able to get it.  If you've got a few extra dollars lying around, click here to see my projects!