Friday, June 29, 2012

New Room = New Colors!

I was just hired to teach 1st grade, a brand new experience for me, and I'm pumped.  The overly responsible teacher would be pouring over her new grade's curriculum, especially since the state just updated all grades' curricula.  But I'm not an overly responsible teacher.  Just medium-responsible.  So what do I do first??  Pick out COLORS!!  My blog is the color scheme... gray, turquoise, coral, and white.  Simple, clean, and packs a punch.  Assuming most office and/or school supplies will be either brights or bolds, I will be using a lot of paint, paper, and fabrics.  So let's roll up our DIY sleeves!!
These are Valspar paint colors (Lowe's).

Update: Oh my, oh my... Martha Stewart has read my mind!!  Her line of office supplies at Staples is a near match of these colors!  Maybe I won't be needed as much paint as I thought... :)